Introduction to Power Query
Power Query is a data transforming engine which you can use to get data from multiple sources, clean and transform that data and then use it further in the analysis.
Prefix and Suffix Options in Power Query
So you have a list of values and from this list, you want to add a Prefix/Suffix in each cell. In Excel, you can use the concatenate method but in power query, there is a simple to use option for both.
- First, select the column where you need to add Prefix/Suffix.
- Then, go to the Transform Tab ➜ Text Column ➜ Format ➜ Add Prefix/ Add Suffix.
- Once you click on one of the options, you’ll get a dialog box to enter text.
- And after entering the text, click OK.
Other Examples of Power Query tool in MS Excel
Below is the list of examples of using Power Query tool in MS Excel, you can learn and master each examples –
- Replace values in Power Query
- Sort Data in Power Query
- Remove Columns in Power Query
- Split Columns in Power Query
- Rename Columns in Power Query
- Duplicate Columns in Power Query
- Transpose Columns or Row in Power Query
- Replace/ Remove Errors in Power Query
- Change Data Type in Power Query
- Change Case in Power Query
- Trim and Clean in Power Query
- Add Prefix and Suffix in Power Query
- Remove Negative Values in Power Query