Download free excel template for Basic Project Risk Register. This template is useful for project managers, risk managers, consultants and business leaders. This is a free to download and easy to use template. This is a basic project risk register to manage risks for individual projects.
Explore all Risk Register Excel Templates.
About Basic Project Risk Register Excel Template
Whenever projects are being considered, be it IT, Non-IT, Construction, Electrical, Mechanical etc. project managers should consider all possible risks and probability of their occurance. This helps Project management team to allocate resources to minimize or mitigate risk. Also, appropriate risk response plan can be prepared for individual projects. Addressing risks in an efficient manner helps in completing project with minimum hindrances.
You can update the following information in the risk register during your agile project development process;
- Risk ID helps in keeping track of number of risks identified.
- Risk title covers up the holistic headings for the risks.
- Risk description and impact highlights what the risk title is talking about.
- Date of identification is very important to know the ageing of the risk and risk lifecycle metrics.
- Category and Sub-category of risk can be like Geographical Risk, Cyber Risk, Legal Risk, Compliance Risk, Regulatory Risk etc.
- Status and Owner ship helps to organize the response plan and efficient action plan implementation.
- Risk rating can be either based on Risk Score band decided by the company or as per Risk Heat Map prepared by management.
- Date closed helps project managers to track the exact status and when was it closed. Project managers often have Key Responsibility Area (KRA) in their job descriptions to close all pertinent risk in the project or prepare response plan (at least).
You can add more fields and columns in this template. This template helps you in getting started.
Download and use Basic Project Risk Register Excel template
To use this free excel Risk Register template, you should have Microsoft Office/ Microsoft Excel installed in your system.
Once extracted, you can open the file using Excel and start entering data or customizing the template.