Introduction to Power Query
Power Query is a data transforming engine which you can use to get data from multiple sources, clean and transform that data and then use it further in the analysis.
Replacing values in Power Query
You have a list of values, and you want to replace a value or some values with something else. Well, with the help of the power query you can create a query and replaces those values, in no time.
In the below list, you need to replace my name “Puneet” with “Punit”.
- First, edit the list in the power query editor.
- After that, in the power query editor, go to “Transform Tab” and click “Replace Values”.
- Now, in “Value to Find”, enter “Puneet” and in “Replace With” enter “Punit” and after that, click OK.
- Once you click OK all the values get replaced with the new values and now, click on “Close and Load” to load data in the worksheet.
Other Examples of Power Query tool in MS Excel
Below is the list of examples of using Power Query tool in MS Excel, you can learn and master each examples –
- Replace values in Power Query
- Sort Data in Power Query
- Remove Columns in Power Query
- Split Columns in Power Query
- Rename Columns in Power Query
- Duplicate Columns in Power Query
- Transpose Columns or Row in Power Query
- Replace/ Remove Errors in Power Query
- Change Data Type in Power Query
- Change Case in Power Query
- Trim and Clean in Power Query
- Add Prefix and Suffix in Power Query
- Remove Negative Values in Power Query