Download free excel template for quantity wise sales forecast for any set of products or services. This template is easy to download and ready to use. It can be useful for sales managers, business development teams and business leaders.
This is a three year forecasting template in Microsoft Excel. It also consists of a printable version. Moreover, it helps you analyze all year on year forecast data and represents the same in a graphical format.
The purpose of these sales projections is to know the sales of a particular product in the future in a specified market at a specific price.
Sales forecasting : Introduction
Sales forecasting is one of the most important things a company does. It fuels sales planning and is used throughout an enterprise for staffing and budgeting. Despite its importance, many organizations use outmoded practices that produce bad forecasts. It is the process of estimating a company’s sales revenue for a specific time period – commonly a month, quarter, or year. A sales forecast is prediction of how much a company will sell in the future.
Sales forecasting methods and techniques
Although different organizations can have vastly different sales structures and processes, the majority tend to use one or a combination of the following primary approaches to sales forecasting:
- Use of historical data to forecast future results. Looking at historical data is perhaps the most common as well as straightforward approach. The data is readily available, and it makes sense that variations based on factors like seasonality and new product introductions would provide directional insight. The limitation, of course, is that external, macro trends that impact sales aren’t necessarily considered – at least not in a systematic fashion.
- Funnel-based forecasting. For many companies, the current state of the sales funnel is viewed as the most accurate predictor of likely sales outcomes. As long as sellers are providing accurate and frequently updated information about the state of given pursuits, use of the funnel can be a reasonably reliable means upon which to make forecasts.
- Forecasting based on multiple variables. Given that both of the above approaches have inherent limitations, some organizations are looking to build more complex forecasting models that incorporate techniques such as intelligent lead scoring alongside macro factors that are likely to impact the closing of deals. The trick is to put in place an approach that’s sophisticated enough to be meaningful without being too complex to manage and maintain.
About sales forecast excel template
Once you download this template, you will find the main template file consists of 3 sheets;
- Sales Forecast Data Sheet,
- Printable Sales Forecast, and
- Sales Forecast Charts.
Sales forecast data sheet is the place where you punch in all the past trends and figures. Printable sales forecast is a printable handy worksheet. Charts and graphs include bar charts, however you can replace them with the chart type of your choice.
Furthermore, it is completely editable excel template, so you can add rows, columns and fields of your choice to make the forecasting more detailed and informative.
Download and use sales forecasting excel template
To use this free sales forecasting excel template, you should have Microsoft Office/ Microsoft Excel installed in your system.
Once extracted, you can open the file using Excel and start entering data or customizing the template.