Download complete excel template for annual workforce planning with examples. Workforce planning is essential to find current resources quality, compare with the objective of the business or organization and conduct gap analysis. Post which, a roadmap or plan for sourcing can be done. This model comes with dummy example for users to understand what to fill in the model.
Understanding Workforce Planning Model
Workforce Planning model is a holistic approach to analyzing any organization based on its wider strategic goals and creating a detailed map of where its human resources are and where they ought to be. To be effective it’s a system which needs wider management buy-in.
Elements of Workforce planning
There are various elements to planning your complete workforce for factories and organization. However, all the elements can be guided and understood with the help of following pointers –
- Deciding strategic directions and goals.
- Build future plans and objectives.
- Analyze existing resources and workforce.
- Conduct a gap analysis.
- Develop a complete plan and roadmap.
- Implement workforce planning.
- Monitor results and improvise.
Types of analysis involved in Workforce planning
There might be various analysis useful to formulate a complete plan and roadmap while preparing a workforce planning for any organization. However, we believe the following analysis can summarize all levels of results and data, a company might require –
- The supply analysis
- The demand analysis
- The Gap Analysis
- The solution analysis
Principles guiding workforce planning model
Workforce planning models are prepared with various objectives. However, there are some rooted principles which guides the overall concept behind workforce planning and its necessity for any organization. Some principles are listed below –
- Adapt to changes. With workforce planning, organizations may be better prepared to handle changes in demands or requirements by having a flexible, multi-talented workforce.
- Address inefficiencies within an organization and existing resources.
- Enhance quality of workforce and services.
- Improve retention strategy and keep workforce for longer duration in an organization.
- Provide professional development training and awareness programs.
- Reduce labor costs in a long run.
Generally, there are two types of workforce planning
- Strategic workforce planning
- Operational workforce planning
Features of this workforce planning model
This template is useful for any business manager and HR Personnel because of the following features –
- It is useful for both strategic and operational workforce planning
- It comes with an example for users to quickly understand how to use this template.
- It covers all the principles of workforce planning
- It addresses all the key elements in a workforce planning model
- All the analysis highlighted above are inbuilt in this model.
Download and Use Workforce planning model in Excel
To use this free Annual Workforce Planning Model in excel, you should have Microsoft Office/ Microsoft Excel. You can only use this template if you have these applications in your system. or Use, Google Sheets.
Once extracted, you can open the file using Excel and start entering data or customizing the template.