Download free excel template for Risk Register of business, professionals and organizations. This template is useful for project managers, risk managers, risk consultants and business leaders. This is a free to download and easy to use template. This is a basic business risk register to manage risks for businesses, professionals and more.
Explore all Risk Register Excel Templates.
About Business Risk Register Excel Template
Risk management involves a continuous process comprising of identifying risk, analyzing it, evaluate scenarios, and treat loss exposures and monitor risk control and financial resources to mitigate the adverse effects of loss.
Now, The main purpose of a risk register in business and projects is to record the details of all risks that have been identified along with their analysis and response plan. Basically, it’s a log or tracker that identifies risks along with their severity and the actions and steps to be taken to mitigate the risk.
You can update the following information in the risk register during your agile project development process;
- Risk ID helps in keeping track of number of risks identified.
- Risk title covers up the holistic headings for the risks.
- Risk description and impact highlights what the risk title is talking about.
- Date of identification is very important to know the ageing of the risk and risk lifecycle metrics.
- Category and/ or Sub-category of risk can be like Geographical Risk, Cyber Risk, Legal Risk, Compliance Risk, Regulatory Risk etc.
- Status and Ownership helps to organize the response plan and efficient action plan implementation.
- Risk rating can be either based on Risk Score band decided by the company or as per Risk Heat Map prepared by management.
You can add more fields and columns in this template. This template helps you in getting started.
Download and use Business Risk Register Excel template
To use this free excel Business Risk Register template, you should have Microsoft Office/ Microsoft Excel installed in your system.
Once extracted, you can open the file using Excel and start entering data or customizing the template.