Time To Fill Calculator is a simple and ready-to-use excel template to calculate Time To Fill and Time To Hire HR metrics for a single job post and multiple job posts.
Big and medium-sized companies have multiple job openings. Thus Time To Fill can be calculated in the following way for multiple job posts:
- Calculate the number of days for each position.
- Add the number of days for all positions.
- Divide the total of days by the number of positions.
What is Time To Fill (TTF)?
Time To Fill (TTF) is an HR metric similar to Time To Hire. It is the difference between the date of the job post opened and the date of an employee joining the organization.
Difference between time to fill and time to hire
Time To Fill is always higher than Time To Hire. The basic reasons behind this are:
- Long Notice Periods of the Joining Candidate
- Personal Commitments of the Candidate
- Visa process for the candidate if in any case applicable
- Relocation to other cities
There are other reasons also but these are the major ones that impact the time to fill calculations. Industries recruiting freshers or non-committed candidates have low Time To Fill (TTF).
Usually, the case is the opposite when you are recruiting an experienced candidate or the best candidate in the industry.
Formula for Time to Fill (TTF) HR Metrics
Date of Candidate Joining the Company – Date of a job post-opening-up
How to use time to fill free excel template ?
Time To Fill Calculator consists of 2 sections:
- TTF For Single Job Post – To calculate Time to Fill for a single job post is very simple. That you can do even without this calculator. Just take the difference in the date of joining and date of opening of the job post. But using this metric will help you keep a record and also will calculate Time To Hire – another HR Metric.
- TTF for Multiple Job Posts – As discussed earlier, new start-ups and big MNC’s have more job openings at a particular time. To Calculate Time To Hire and Time To Fill you can use this section.
5 Ways To Reduce Time To Fill (TTF)
- Keep your job criteria broad
- Prepare for talent mobilization
- Use freelancers to drive specialized initiatives
- Gather the right intelligence to counter your competition
- Network well to find niche talent
Download and use Time to Fill (TTF) free excel template
To use this free time to fill calculator excel template, you should have Microsoft Office/ Microsoft Excel installed in your system.
Once extracted, you can open the file using Excel and start entering data or customizing the template. You can customize the currency, color scheme, fields in this template as per your requirement.