Download free excel template for Risk Register of Occupational Health and Safety Risk Assessment and Management. This template is useful for enterprise risk managers, health and safety officers, internal auditors, auditors, audit managers, audit team leaders and business leaders. This is a free to download and easy to use template.
Occupational health and safety means also means workplace health and safety. This means multidimensional approach that focuses mainly on wellbeing and safety of personnel working in their workplaces. This includes implementation of adequate safety measures, standards and regular compliance checkup.
Explore all Risk Register Excel Templates.
About Occupational Health and Safety Risk Register Excel Template
If we talk about Occupational health and safety risk management, it involves identification, assessment and implementation of risk response plan for risks and threats associated with an organization’s practises in workplace and factory locations. This excel template for risk register has adequate columns and fields to capture all the relevant information that can impact workplace environment of an organization.
You can update the following information in this risk register excel template for Workplace Risk management;
- Risk ID to keep track on the number of risks identified.
- Risk description helps to update the brief summary of the risk so that anyone can understand the underlying risk statement for any business processes and activities.
- Source is useful to identify the primary contributing factors for the risk.
- Impact description captures what will happen if risk is not mitigated or eliminated ?
- Recurance helps to understand if the risk is ongoing or one time. Also, depending upon the geography, industry nature, company size – this will vary for any type of risk.
- Impact Level, Probability Level and Priority Level measures the High to Low parameters of the risk in the internal audits of an organization, also helps to assign probability of occurance and priority of the risk description.
- Control measures that already exist in the process of the corporate or business that can address the risk.
- Owners are risk champions who are responsible for mitigation strategy.
- Target closing date is a date defined by Internal Audit team and management group for closure of risk mitigation.
You can add more fields and columns in this template. This template helps you in getting started.
Importance aspects of Occupational Health and Safety
Now, let us understand the important aspects of Risk management in workplace health and safety;
- It involves identification of potential hazards and risks in workplace, such as physical, chemical, biological, ergonomic, and psychosocial.
- Evaluation of severity of identified potential risks and hazard and their likelihood helps to assess them well.
- Prevention and control, i.e., risk response plan keeps workplace safe.
- Periodic training and education to personnel brings effectiveness of the implementation.
- Emergency preparedness of the workplace in the event of need is crucial.
Download and use Occupational Health and Safety Risk Register Excel template
To use this free excel Occupational Health and Safety Risk Register template, you should have Microsoft Office/ Microsoft Excel installed in your system.
Once extracted, you can open the file using Excel and start entering data or customizing the template.