Download free excel template for Risk Register of Corporate Risk Management or Enterprise Risk Management. This template is useful for enterprise risk managers, risk consultants, operation managers and business leaders. This is a free to download and easy to use template. Enterprise risk register helps organization to shape up their risk response plans and stay risk ready !
Explore all Risk Register Excel Templates.
About Corporate Risk Register Excel Template
Risk management involves a continuous process comprising of identifying risk in the enterprise, analyzing it, evaluate scenarios, and treat loss exposures and monitor risk control and financial resources to mitigate the adverse effects of loss.
You can update the following information in this risk register excel template for enterprise risk management;
- Risk ID to keep track on the number of risks identified and considered as a part of risk management.
- Risk description helps to update the brief summary of the risk so that anyone can understand the underlying risk statement.
- Impact description captures what will happen if risk is not mitigated or eliminated ?
- Reoccurance helps to understand if the risk is ongoing or one time. Also, depending upon the geography, industry nature, company size – this will vary for any type of risk.
- Before control assessment of likelihood, probability level and priority level (P*I) helps to understand how the risks are trending and what is the overall assessed priority level.
- Control measures that already exist in the process of the corporate or business that can address the risk.
- After control assessment of likelihood, probability level and priority level (P*I) helps to understand how the control measures have reduced or addressed the risk.
- Documentation helps to highlight the key documents and SOPs that helps to understand the overall risk and control measures.
- Owners are risk champions who are responsible for mitigation strategy.
- Target closing date is a date defined by Enterprise risk management team for closure of risk mitigation.
- Status and date closed are updated as the mitigation plan moves ahead.
You can add more fields and columns in this template. This template helps you in getting started.
Example of Corporate risks
Now, Lets take an example of one risk that can arise in corporates and enterprises,
- Market Volatility: Fluctuations in financial markets can affect the value of investments and portfolios.
- Credit Risk: The risk that customers or business partners may default on their financial obligations.
- Liquidity Risk: Insufficient cash flow to meet short-term financial obligations.
- Interest Rate Risk: Changes in interest rates affecting borrowing costs and investment returns.
- Supply Chain Disruptions: Interruptions in the supply chain due to natural disasters, geopolitical issues, or other factors.
- Product Quality Issues: Defective products, recalls, or safety concerns impacting customer trust.
- IT and Cybersecurity Risks: Data breaches, cyberattacks, and technology failures compromising sensitive information.
- Employee Turnover: Loss of key employees or difficulty attracting and retaining talent.
Furthermore, If you want to learn more about Enterprise Risk Management, checkout the blog by SmartSheet.
Download and use Corporate Risk Register Excel template
To use this free excel Corporate Risk Register template, you should have Microsoft Office/ Microsoft Excel installed in your system.
Once extracted, you can open the file using Excel and start entering data or customizing the template.