Download free GST Purchase Register format in Excel and Spreadsheet for your businesses and clients. This can be useful as Input tax register as well for Goods and Service Tax (GST). This GST Register format in excel can be printed and used as manual register in your business.
Input tax is tax you pay on goods or services you purchase to deliver output service or output goods or both. You will need a register to capture all the purchases wherein you have made payment of tax (GST) to claim Input tax credit (ITC).
Purchase Register under Goods and Service Tax (GST)
Under the GST regime, registered taxpayers will have to maintain Purchase Register in order to calculate their Input Tax Credit and hence define the tax liability.
- As per GST Law, a registered person is liable for ITC on purchase of goods and services.
- Any money spent on capital goods in the form of GST, you will get back in form of ITC (Input tax credit).
- When you make sales, you will collect GST on the goods or services. For the purchase of raw material and other purchases, you must have paid an amount of GST as input tax.
- At the end of the month, you just have to pay the difference between GST paid and GST collect.
Tax Liability = Output tax – Input tax credit
About GST Purchase Register format in Excel
This excel template for GST Purchase Register is helpful to maintain the records of all your GST leviable purchases. This template is helpful for all small traders, wholesalers, etc. who cannot afford ERP Systems or complicated software to manage their procurements. Once you download this GST Excel Template, You will find two sections, namely,
- Header Section
- Purchase Details Section
1. Header Section
The header section consists of the company name, address, GSTIN, the header of Sheet “GST Purchase Register”, month and year for which it is prepared.
2. Purchase Details Section
The purchase details sections consist of following subheadings:
- Sr.No.: Serial Number.
- Bill No: Bill number of purchase is enter here. The series of bill numbers will be different for different suppliers.
- Bill Date: Date of issue of purchase bill.
- Supplier Name: Name of register company from which the purchase was made.
- GST No.: GSTIN of supplier. If the supplier is not register you will have to pay the GST under RCM.
- Taxable Amount: Amount of invoice less discount on which tax is applicable.
- CGST, SGST, and IGST: Just enter applicable tax percentage tax of Central, State or Integrated and it will auto calculate the amount.
- Total GST: Total GST = CGST + SGST + IGST.
- Invoice Amount: Invoice amount = Taxable Amount + CGST + SGST + IGST.
- Lastly, the total of each column is at the end of the column.
Download and use GST Purchase Register format in Excel
To use this free GST Purchase Register excel template, you should have Microsoft Office/ Microsoft Excel installed in your system.
Once extracted, you can open the file using Excel and start entering data or customizing the template. You can customize the currency, color scheme, fields in this excel template as per your requirement.