Download free excel template for tracking yearly or annual rental income. This template is useful for property managers, property owners, agencies etc.
About Annual Rental Ledger Excel Template
Once you download this template, you will see that this template comes with single worksheet. One sheet is useful to update detail of annual rental income from one property. If you have multiple properties, you can either create additional worksheet (by copying) for each property or use our comprehensive general ledger account excel template.
Coming back to this template, this template gives your liberty to update following information:
- Tenant Name
- Email of tenant
- Property Code/ Address
- Year (The year you want to track rental income)
The above details are basic information which will change very rarely. Now, in the lower section there is a table which will be used to track the rental income and other details.
Monthwise table is prepared to capture details like Rent Due, Date of receiving rent, Amount Received, Not paid, Late fees. Now, YTD (Year to Date) details in the last section helps you track summary of all the above information for that particular year.
Some of the good practises for rental income and property managers can be:
- Reminding tenant about upcoming rent due via email for timely collection.
- Inclusion of late fees for delay in rent payment. Late fees clause can be part of rent agreement.
- Some commercial properties include rebates and discounts for bulk payments of rent, which can ensure good liquidity and early receipt of all the rent dues.
- Periodic communication of statement of account (SOA) for each property with the tenant to avoid disputes.
Download and use Annual Rental Ledger Excel template
To use this free annual rental ledger excel template, you should have Microsoft Office/ Microsoft Excel installed in your system.
Once extracted, you can open the file using Excel and start entering data or customizing the template.