Download free excel template for RACI Matrix. This template is useful for business managers and business leaders to organize the business activities and processes in a scientific and organized manner. This pertains to effective and efficient management of projects. This helps in communicating the roles and responsibilities for various activities and tasks in a project.
Learn More : The RACI Matrix : Your Blueprint for Project Success
RACI is an acronym for Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed. A RACI chart or RACI matrix is a common project management tool for clarifying and communicating roles and responsibilities for project tasks and deliverables.
It is useful for large projects where people may have specific roles and responsibilities, there may be many different stakeholders, and the project may cross multiple departments.
Illustrative Description of RACI Matrix or RACI Chart
The RACI model clearly lays out roles and responsibilities for any activity or group of activities. Here are the basic elements of a RACI model –
- Job functions or titles which are relevant across the top, such as “IT,” “Human Resources,” “Project Manager,” etc.
- Tasks or responsibilities which are relevant down the left hand side, such as “Conduct weekly communication meeting with sales team,” or “Analyze prior-month performance and send out summary the first week of each month.”
- The cells inside the RACI model or chart are updated with following criteria –
- Responsible (R) – The person who performs the work. There must be one “R” on every row, no more and no less. “R” is the only letter that must appear in each row.
- Accountable (A) – The person ultimately accountable for the work or decision being made. Use this letter where appropriate, but not to excess – only when a key decision or task is at hand. There can be from zero to one “A’s” in each row, but no more than one.
- Consulted (C) – Anyone who must be consulted with prior to a decision being made and/or the task being completed. There can be as many “C’s” as are appropriate in each row.
- Informed (I) – Anyone who must be informed when a decision is made or work is completed. There can be as many “I’s” as are appropriate in each row.
About this RACI Matrix Excel Template
This free RACI matrix excel template is designed to be simple and easy to customize. The color-coding within the matrix is automated using conditional formatting. Assign the R, A, C or I values by selecting from a drop-down box, or enter combined roles such as A/R. you can edit the table of abbreviations and descriptions to use this template for other variants of this method, such as DRASCI, RASI, RASIC, CAIRO, etc.
Other Project Management Excel Templates
Gantt Charts and Project timeliness are very important aspect of project management. Any project manager should be competent to allocate resources and assign timelines for activities in a project. So, the overall objective and timeline of the project is achievable.
You can try out the other project timelines and management related excel templates and dashboards highlighted below :
- Simple Gantt Chart excel template for medium and small projects
- Gantt Project Planner Excel Template for Project Managers
- Simple and Elegant Gantt Project Chart Excel and Spreadsheet Templates
- Date Tracking Gantt Chart Excel Template for Project Management
- Agile Project Management Chart Tool in Excel and Spreadsheet
- Project Timeline Tracking Excel Template for Project Management
RACI matrix helps in project management because it helps project managers to align
- Role clarity
- Decision Making
- Risk Management
- Performance measurement
- Change Management
Download and use RACI Chart Excel Template
Now, let us understand how to download and use this free excel template.
To use this free RACI CHART EXCEL template, you should have Microsoft Office/ Microsoft Excel installed in your system.
After installing Excel or Spreadsheet, download the zip file of this template, extract the template using WinRAR or 7Zip or WinZip decompressing software. Once extracted, you can open the file using Excel and start entering data or customizing the template.