A SWOT Analysis is a structured brainstorming and evaluation tool used to identify your internal Strengths and Weaknesses and external Opportunities and Threats. You can use a …
Free Excel Template : RACI Matrix
- Download The Template File
- Extract The Zipped File
- Use the Template
Introduction of this Excel Template :
RACI is an acronym for Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed. A RACI chart or matrix is a common project management tool for clarifying and communicating roles and responsibilities for project tasks and deliverables. It is useful for large projects where people may have specific roles and responsibilities, there may be many different stakeholders, and the project may cross multiple departments.
Illustrative Description of RACI Matrix
The RACI model clearly lays out roles and responsibilities for any activity or group of activities. Here are the basic elements of a RACI model –
- Job functions or titles which are relevant across the top, such as “IT,” “Human Resources,” “Project Manager,” etc.
- Tasks or responsibilities which are relevant down the left hand side, such as “Conduct weekly communication meeting with sales team,” or “Analyze prior-month performance and send out summary the first week of each month.”
- The cells inside the RACI model or chart are updated with following criteria –
- Responsible (R) – The person who performs the work. There must be one “R” on every row, no more and no less. “R” is the only letter that must appear in each row.
- Accountable (A) – The person ultimately accountable for the work or decision being made. Use this letter where appropriate, but not to excess – only when a key decision or task is at hand. There can be from zero to one “A’s” in each row, but no more than one.
- Consulted (C) – Anyone who must be consulted with prior to a decision being made and/or the task being completed. There can be as many “C’s” as are appropriate in each row.
- Informed (I) – Anyone who must be informed when a decision is made or work is completed. There can be as many “I’s” as are appropriate in each row.
About this RACI Matrix Excel Template
This free RACI matrix excel template is designed to be simple and easy to customize. The color-coding within the matrix is automated using conditional formatting. Assign the R, A, C or I values by selecting from a drop-down box, or enter combined roles such as A/R. you can edit the table of abbreviations and descriptions to use this template for other variants of this method, such as DRASCI, RASI, RASIC, CAIRO, etc.
Other Project Management Excel Templates
Gantt Charts and Project timeliness are very important aspect of project management. Any project manager should be competent to allocate resources and assign timelines for activities in a project so that the overall objective and timeline of the project is met. You can try out the other project timelines and management related excel templates and dashboards highlighted below :
- Simple Gantt Chart excel template for medium and small projects
- Gantt Project Planner Excel Template for Project Managers
- Simple and Elegant Gantt Project Chart Excel and Spreadsheet Templates
- Date Tracking Gantt Chart Excel Template for Project Management
- Agile Project Management Chart Tool in Excel and Spreadsheet
- Project Timeline Tracking Excel Template for Project Management
By Downloading this Free Excel Template, it is implied that you comply with Download Instructions
Without permission granted from us/ management team of ExcelDownloads.com, use of these excel templates and dashboards is not allowed. However, if you want to share this templates and dashboards with your friends and peers, we have provided sharing option in various social media and platform via which you can share our content.
We hope that you can get our help in making your personal and business activities easier with the use of free excel templates and dashboards, and at the same time, support the construction of our website by considering our efforts and aforesaid instructions.