Download free excel template for overtime percentage calculator for your personal and professional use. This ready to use and easy to customize template is useful for HR Personnel, Managers and business owners to compute the overall overtime trend in the company, for each department and also compute impact analysis accordingly.
About Overtime percentage calculator excel format
Once you download this template, you will see that this template comes with basic fields that is helpful to compute the overtime percentage of the employees, may be, individually or in each department on average.
Generally, Human Resources (HR) professionals and HR Managers use this overtime ratio metric to define and plan their recruitment needs. It provides insight into employee productivity and employee performance.
This template comes with two sections, namely,
- Overtime percentage calculator
- Department wise Overtime calculator
Terminology for this template
- FTES: FTEs stands for Full Time Employees. The number of Full-time Employees. If you have any part-time employees you need to convert them into FTEs. To convert divide the total number of hours worked by part-time employees by 2080 hours.
- Weekly Hours/Employee: Insert the number of hours an employee. Usually, 8 hours daily contributes to 40 hours a week.
- Duration: Insert the duration in weeks. This the period you are measuring the overtime percentage. Thus, 52 weeks for a year, 26 weeks for a half-year, and so on.
- Overtime Hours: Enter total overtime hours worked by all employees during that period.
- Regular Hours: Total regular hours are auto-populated.
Total Regular Hours = (No. of FTEs X Weekly Hours X No. of Weeks)
Meaning of Overtime percentage ratio
Usually, a higher overtime percentage is an indicator of low productivity, improper management, and also employee dissatisfaction. It becomes an obvious and proven fact, that employees who work more overtime their productivity decreases.
Thus, a high rate of overtime percentage increases the burden to the company’s pockets too.
Furthermore, measuring it helps to avoid misuse of overtime. Many times employees misuse to increase their pays and also causing unnecessary output delays.
Formula for Overtime percentage ratio
To calculate overtime percentage divide total overtime hours by total regular hours and multiply it result with 100.
Overtime percentage = Total overtime hours/ Total regular hours * 100
Download and use Overtime calculator excel format
To use this free Average overtime hours ratio calculator template in excel, you should have Microsoft Office/ Microsoft Excel. You can only use this template if you have these applications in your system. or Use, Google Sheets.
Once extracted, you can open the file using Excel and start entering data or customizing the template.